Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Schedule Update

Hi Folks,
Happy tax estimate day! All the self-employed people just groaned.

This will be quick - I just want to give you an update on what's happening. I finished my radiation 2 weeks ago and had no detrimental side effects other a little shortness of breath. I definitely think I have maxed out the radiation on my lungs but of course new stuff always happens.

Tomorrow I have a PET scan which will be the baseline scan before I restart Nexavar. I will meet with my oncologist next week to review the results and hopefully then I will get the go ahead for the pills. Finally after 7 months I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

How are you feeling? That's the question I get the most and of course it's the most logical of questions for a guy who is sick all the time, right? So I'll answer it for you all here in one place. I know I usually tell people "pretty good" or "not bad" but the honest truth is pretty darn lousy lately. It's a combination of things that I can't seem to control - lots of stomach issues, fatigue, hip and back pain, sweats, chills, yadda yadda. The frustrating part is that I never know how I am going to feel until I get up that day. That makes it hard to plan on doing anything, especially since I've had many more down days than up days. So all in all the the last few weeks have not been much fun (I guess I should say less fun than usual since fun is generally in short supply lately) and I'm really hoping that I can find the right combination of meds that will keep me feeling more consistent. Starting Nexavar will complicate things further but a man's got to do what a man's got to do! Sorry if I sound a little whiney here but the truth is the truth and Mom & Dad taught us that it's a sin to lie.

That is all for this update - short & sweet. I'll be back to you with more news as soon as I have anything to share. I'm really hoping I can share something positive with you next time.

As always - thanks for checking in on me. Luv to you all!

Be well - Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you that the good days are a lot more than the bad days. Think about beating me in golf. and Tom-that would be easy. US Open coming to Wisconsin again I just heard. You are the host, so hop on it. Best, SY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you buddy. If you're up for a visit, let me know. I'll be making a run to Oshkosh too if you're up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Ken, As I read your post, It remonds me of all the bad days Dan went through and yet had a smile.
    You are so brave, I know what day to day living is about, and Sir, I salute you for your honesty and your truthfullness in dealing with this monster. We non stop pray for you and Jessie,That God will continue to bless you and keep you as pain free as possible! Love & Hugs to you. BB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you and continuing my prayers. Thank God my family likes to eat because the rest of them pray for you at mealtime too. Miss you and Jess, Sheila

    ReplyDelete