Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday Update

Still here in my itty bitty hospital room/jail cell. Friday was a
phenomomally bad day, it seems like any little thing that could go
wrong did go wrong. I won't bore you with the details but suffice it
to say that I had been a model patient until yesterday and now the
nursing staff quickly found my crabbier side. I kept being told one
thing and then the opposite (or nothing at all) would happen. Very
frustrating. Plus I was operating on very little sleep the last few
nights. I will compliment them on the fact that they worked hard at
getting me some rest last night, I feel much better today.

So I am pretty much in the same place I was Thursday but a little
farther along in my healing. I have 2 chest tubes still in and
draining and I am still working on coughing the gook out of my lungs.
I got 1 unit of blood yesterday and am due for at least 1 more today.
Evidently there are some blood levels that keep dropping that they
don't like and fresh blood is the only way to replace those chemicals.

I did get out of bed about 4 times yesterday for various things which
is a lot of work but also good for me, I need that action moving
around and using my muscles. Strange how just maintaining your
balance can be so much work!

I have no idea when I will be sent home to finish healing. I know I am
nowhere near ready yet. I would hope the tubes can come out in the
first part of next week and then I can work on strength building and
breathing better. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all of your support. I thank God every day for so
many wonderful friends and family.

Be Well - Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment