Saturday, December 5, 2009

Checking Out of The Spa

Everybody all together now - ready to yell "WOO HOO". I finally got
released today, actually late this evening. I have to compliment the
doctors and nurses for cooperating and working together to get me out.
I probably should have stayed another night to do more testing of my
feeding tube but sometimes enough is enough, you know what I
mean?

When we got home there was a delivery truck waiting with our order of
food and supplies that I will need to get me through about a week.
There was also a nurse waiting to give me more tips and instructions
on using my feeding tube. All at 7:00 on a Saturday night! Now that
is service!

So the next couple days we will try to settle in to a routine and
figure out the best way to handle meds and diet supplements. I can
take nothing in by mouth for fear of aspirating food or water once
again. All meds and food go through the tube; I can't even take a
drink of water! Since I have not had anything in my stomach for 12
days I have to work up to the full amount of food I need.

As far as the future, I'll talk more about that in an upcoming post.
There is hope for change in the near future. But now It's time to get
some rest and get used to my new lifestyle.

God bless each and every one of you for your support, prayers, visits,
and notes. I appreciate them more than you could ever know.

Be Well - Be Blessed!

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment